Search for tasks- type in keywords

Friday 17 March 2017

Dashpod (again)

Having  sorted out all the lights; and yes I did remember the number plate light (it works); I could start putting everything back together.

Refitting the dashpod was the usual scrabble to get everything behind and packed in closely enough to let the panel go back fully. This was OK eventually but I did have a lot of trouble with the speedo cable which was bent over inside the terminal and so wouldnt slip into the tiny hole in the speedo.
Cable inner bent against socket side... it needs to be in the centre to slip into the speedo drive hole.
This stymied me for a while until I realised you can just pull the inner cable out an inch or so, insert it into the rear of the speedo and then slide the outer up to clip onto the speedo rear... doddle!

I had spray painted the instrument trim panel in black enamel, I now fitted the (horrible) Lotus stickle-brick retaining strips using  a hot glue gun and left them to stick overnight.
I was then able to reinstall the dashpod, instrument panel, panel trim and steering column trim. As I've got tyres now I was able to turn the wheel to align the steering wheel for access to the column trim screws... much easier!
Pretty pleased with that!... almost looks like a car... Well a car that needs a clean anyway!

Repainted dash trim panel installed, also trim on steering column.

Next step- refit driver's seat and replace passenger door handle... My DIY bolt doesn't look very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of this blog. I'm working on my own here so any feedback from those Lotus enthusiasts floating around "Blogger Bank" is welcome. Suggestions for process improvements especially welcome. If you like it please follow.