Search for tasks- type in keywords

Wednesday 11 January 2017

Progress is a great thing- wish I had some.

This one is more of a diary entry than anything too technical. The weather is set to deteriorate in the UK this week. Its likely to get colder, snow even down here in the South and its getting increasingly hard to force my aging frame in, around and under the car. However, I have been doing a few little things; I have been trying to sort out the carpets (now the pedal box was back in) and also to test the effect of my carburettor float height settings now that the dash is back in and I can try to start the motor. I have added a new post on carburettors revisited and updated my post: A brief word about carpets...
-but basically the motor wouldn't start at all with the new float settings and I needed to fiddle about a lot to get it to run... and I still have overflow problems! If interested you can read the relevant post (above) but I'm feeling a bit frustrated at the moment and have retired to wait out the cold snap!

However on the upside I think I must be near a milestone now- the motor does run and now that the clutch seems to move I may be able to actually move the car under its own power- something that hasn't happened certainly for 10 and possibly not for 20 years! All the same- any restoration project has low spots and the frustration of the carbs coupled with the poor weather means that I have hit one low spot big time! I am starting to look at MGBs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of this blog. I'm working on my own here so any feedback from those Lotus enthusiasts floating around "Blogger Bank" is welcome. Suggestions for process improvements especially welcome. If you like it please follow.