Search for tasks- type in keywords

Sunday 8 January 2017

Lucas YXB135 ignition (igniter) module tester



Hi All- followers of this blog may recall that I recently had the joyous experience of tracing an intermittent ignition fault. Although this was ultimately due to a duff ignition switch I got confused, as I had swapped the DAB125 module inside the AB14 as a first step in order to eliminate this as a fault. Sad to say the new Intermotor module I had used was actually faulty itself and this stopped me from solving the problem by changing the switch. When I eventually refitted the old module all was well.

I wanted to avoid a recurrence and although I did get a testing protocol for these modules eventually, I also found that Lucas had produced a dedicated module tester the YWB135 which can test a whole variety of modules.

YWB135 Lucas module tester
This seemed really useful so when one of these came up on Ebay I grabbed it. However caveat emptor clearly applied, and although the unit did come with an instruction booklet, the description failed to mention that in fact there should be 2! I am lacking the red covered book which contains the operating instructions, test procedures and how to interpret the results.

Well I did eventually get the instructions and I'm greatly indebted to Bos Automaterialen of the Netherlands for copying a booklet he had in stock- at no charge! You dont get service like that very often these days! Anyway Many thanks Bos! If anyone would like to visit/like his facebook page you will find it here.

Just in case anyone is curious (and for backup purposes) I'm posting the pics here:











Great to say the module I have fitted passed the test, the "new" Intermotor part I had bought previously failed. I ordered another from China at only £12 I wasn't too confident and I've not tested it in the car yet, but I did put it through the meter test and it passed fine! I will keep this one as a spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of this blog. I'm working on my own here so any feedback from those Lotus enthusiasts floating around "Blogger Bank" is welcome. Suggestions for process improvements especially welcome. If you like it please follow.