Search for tasks- type in keywords

Wednesday 24 May 2017

The end of the beginning?

Well dear Reader, I started this blog to document the restoration of a fresh hedge-find, or at least a basket case of an Excel. I think this car didn't really want to be rescued, perhaps it was happy quietly returning its constituents to their natural state, and its fought me every step of the way. There have not been many occasions when something I checked turned out not to need attention.

However today is a milestone, a red letter day: The car has its first MOT!!! I've now been able tax it for the first time since 1990, bringing to an end ending 27 years of off road existence!!! Obviously there will be more work to do, not to mention ongoing maintenance (and the repair to the bumper!), but much of this will be done by professionals as I don't think I am neat enough to fix a headlining, fibreglass a repair or carry out a respray. So this is, as they say, the end of the beginning!!! I will post more about anything I need to fix but (hopefully) this will not be so regular. In the meantime, thank you for coming with me on this part of my journey into Lotus land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of this blog. I'm working on my own here so any feedback from those Lotus enthusiasts floating around "Blogger Bank" is welcome. Suggestions for process improvements especially welcome. If you like it please follow.