Search for tasks- type in keywords

Thursday 9 July 2015

Oil Gallery

The oil gallery locate don the side of the block is retained by only 4 bolts. Since I'm cleaning and stripping this seems a likely place for crud to build up so I decided to remove it and clean.
Note tape over oil pressure take off- applied before I steam cleaned the block.
The gallery cover is held by 4 bolts, the two longer ones are at the top and the shorter at the bottom.


Cover easily removed.
There wasn't a great deal of muck underneath but certainly some, so I cleaned out the cavity, removed all the old gasket from block and cover and degreased and cleaned the cover. I then refitted it without a gasket simply to cover up the cavity and keep out the much until the engine is finished and the rebuild starts when I will install all the peripherals properly..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of this blog. I'm working on my own here so any feedback from those Lotus enthusiasts floating around "Blogger Bank" is welcome. Suggestions for process improvements especially welcome. If you like it please follow.