Search for tasks- type in keywords

Thursday 26 June 2014

Heated Rear Screen

Heated rear Screen

The last of the interior electrics that needed attention was the heated rear screen- the switch had remained resolutely dead which could either be the bulb or the relay. I checked the relay first as its easier to get at, and straight away suspected a problem. It just wouldn't pull out of the bank. Much persuasion later it eventually came free revealing horrid rusty terminals. I checked the relay as before and found no activity at all! There was power to the base so I cleaned that up as best I could, working the relay spades around in the slots an then spraying contact cleaner to clear any dislodged muck. Finally I inserted a new relay (Chinese, cheap and functional) and at once the HRS light came on and winter de-icing function restored!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think of this blog. I'm working on my own here so any feedback from those Lotus enthusiasts floating around "Blogger Bank" is welcome. Suggestions for process improvements especially welcome. If you like it please follow.